Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Year After The Incident

Millions of American are going to celebrate the Thanksgiving tomorrow. I am pretty sure that some of us were busy preparing stuff they need for the celebration. My husband and I, however, normally travel to Paris, Texas. The place where the whole family were present (all family Simmons) this celebration is seems like a family reunion because everybody were shows from old generation to the new genaration, and this is also the other way to introduce the new member of the family.

By the way, before I forget this is also a year to remember the horrible incident happens to us last year. This incident occurs when my husband and I drove in a long highway going back home. It was a very chilly night. The temperature reached down to 30 degrees at 9:00 p.m. and it's so windy. My hubby decide to stop in a gas station in Rockwall to fill up the tank because we almost run out of gas. So after he done with it, he start the car. That moment in our suprise when something goes wrong on the car. The car's alarm turns on everytime he starts the car. So, he check everything and tried his best to fix it. Unfortunately, nothing is change. The worst case is, when the engines stop, we obviously no heater inside, no matter how I put a layer of clothes on my body, but I can't ignore the cold temprature. To make the story short, we ended up in the apartment that night. I am still thankful that where in the right place to find an emergency shelter. I just can't imagine if we ended in a place where we can't ask help.

No comments: