Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Looking Back Time

I would say, that I am very fortunate to have a wonderful second family in the United States. Before I get here, I always thought negative aspect about my relation between in-laws, since my husband and I raise in different culture, and religion. This is usual scenario for sure, for every woman who married to a foreigner. Sometime we feel weak and stress out for too much worry, and sometime we consider our self as incompatible partner to them, but when the heart defeats our mind, everything is disappear.

The day I met my in-laws, I feel very uncomfort. My husband always tells me to “calm down and relax, my parents wont harm you” (lol). I consider myself as a strong person, but when it comes to this matter, my fighting spirit melts down (yay!). Anyhow, my negative expectation is gone when I finally know them, they are very nice people. I am officially part of this wonderful family when my husband and I got married last July 29... Ohh.. Well, time gone so fast, I already married for two years, my husband and I will celebrates our 2nd wedding anniversary soon! Ding…dong…ding…dong… As I recall we have simple and memorable ceremony. My sister-in-law, brother-in-law, mom and dad, and all the Simmons family are there to witness our special day. Carol, Caleb ( my husband niece and nephew) two wonderful cute kids is there too (they are smart and adorable children of his brother) Colleen and her Mom (thanks to them) they made the bride’s and groom’s cake and also the setting up the reception area. Everything is perfectly design by Colleen’s mother. Also thanks to our photography Debohra ( my husband friends) she’s a professional photographer and a teacher. I wrote all these experience because I think that it is important to look back our memories, sooner or later this information will be discarded in our memory when get old. We refuse to retrieve the whole information we have in our mind.

No comments: