Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Big Sister's Advice

Cooking is not really my line ever since when I was a single. That’s the reason why my sister always telling me to look at her when she cook food for her family. Well, I am not living with my sister when I was in Manila, but my apartment is just few steps away she lives, so there no reason why I can’t join her cooking the food. Well, there some certain things that keeps us away for doing this, and for busy at work is the first reason why I never had a chance to cook even my own food. I just knew a very simple and quick process like fried fish, nilagang bangus, and fried rice (lol). Don’t blame me because this is the only way I could do better during my hectic life. Just Imagine I am working 8 hours a day and sometime 9 if its necessary. Excuses..excuses..excuses the bottom line is I have my sister to provide my food to eat and also fast food is quick to access (lol). I just give her money to buy the ingredients that we need for dinner. Anyway, this a constant battle when I move here in the United States. before I left the country, my sister always asked me “ What kind of food are you going to cook for your husband” The answer is, “ I don’t know”. The quickest answer to her question (Sigh). So, here I am alone no big sister to run to assist me when I need her. I miss my sister very much, she always give me a advice when it comes to this matter. She gave lots of recipe, I try to cook most of them , but only few of them are successful (lol) sometime its salty hehehe. Well, it’s necessary to listen your big sister all the time, that’s the only things that I can give for youngest child of the family (like mhe). Don’t ignore them because in the future, you will be benefited all the advice they give you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i don't know how to cook and i really don't like to cook while i was still in pinas. its always my mom who cooks for us. but when i got here, i had to learn or else hubby and me will either starve to death or will go obese from eating much outside, hehehehe. its not easy but i tried and right now i can say i already know how to do it. with the help of life-saving recipes of course:)