Friday, July 4, 2008

The Night Independence Day

4th of July is almost over, I just got back home. I been from Lilian’s house today, we made a little bit preparation for today. I cooked my pansit bihon, and thanks God they’ve love it! I am not ready good at it I just try it twice. The first one is not successful, but last is good enough.

Today I also met one Filipina she’s from Bacolod, she brought her husband. They bring fruits which is perfect for a desert after eating those yummy food we prepared. Lilian’s husband (John) made steak barbeque, order pizza, and more. The food is too much for 5 people, so each of us must bring it home. As usual nagkapuliki ug dala sa sud-an.

After the feast, we enjoy each company introducing the new friends, while we’re waiting for the time of the fireworks to start. This events held at Firewheel mall close to Lilian’s house, maybe 15 minutes away from her house. We started to walk at 9:15, we arrived exactly 9:30. When we get there I saw lots of people including children with different ethnic are gathered together to watched this annual event.

Not too far from us I could see first fireworks release it is a signaled to start the show in a second. People are clapping and cheering when it begun, while others are busy to take a shot in every fireworks releases in the sky. Some of them are emotional that time, while I am imagined the meaning of every sparkle of the light release in the sky. It is like a thousands of souls from those who died in serving this country and once again gathered together celebrating the victory of Independence

No comments: