Monday, August 18, 2008

The TieBreaker Result

Nastia Comforted by his father after the shocking result.Recieved the Silver Medal with Pride

I was very disappointed about the result of gymnastic tonight. Althought I don't know what is the basic rule of getting a perfect score for this event, I still have the strong feeling Nastia made an excellent performance in uneven bars. She did a good job, there's no doubt she won't be able to get the gold. Unfortunately, my expectation is wrong, when the judges came up with this unfair result (Tiebreaker) against the Chinese competitor He Kexin tied the score of 16.725. Nastia waited on the bench exausted, yet confident that she will be able to win the gold once again. Ended she got the silver after the head of the judges and some other officials agreed to use the new way of computation. Lots of people don't agree this rules,and until now some of the viewers or even some expert don't really believe that they made a fair decision. For me, no matter what Nastia don't make it for the gold, but I do believe that she's the CHAMPION on this competition.

5 comments:

Lisa Lehmann @StudioJewel said...

i completely agree with you! thanks for posting with such great photos!

Tiffany Aller said...

I was very disappointed with the outcome as well - I think Nastia's routine was simply better and I don't like the way they broke the tie. *sigh*

I'm a visitor from EntreCard - I've enjoyed my visit to your site!

Soyun Park said...

Sometimes unfair things happen, but that's why we expect next time. She worked hard and she will get paid finally. That's what I believe in.

Soyun.

Coriander Dreams said...

I think so too. Nastja was really very graceful. Not just about doing the routine right, but doing it with grace is what gymnastics should be about!
-Marie

Hailey's Beats and Bits said...

it takes a lot of high EQ to be in her shoes. bravo!