Sunday, July 27, 2008

Adobo; My First Experiment

As I mentioned on my previous entry about cooking, I am sure that some of you have read it. Well, cooking is not that easy job isn’t it? Because you have to make sure that you perfectly blend the ingredients you need for the menu you love to cook for your family. I experience not totally humiliation, but I can feel that it’s not really perfect made although my husband don’t say anything about it.

One afternoon, one thing suddenly pops-up on my head. This food is absolutely yummy if you made it perfectly, but it’s going to be a disaster if you made it wrong (lol). I don’t really trust my instinct when it comes to food experiment. I took an hour looking for this menu (Adobo) for Filipino recipe online, and I found the site that give me the easiest ingredients that I need for this menu.

I start mixing thing, while my finger cross hehehe. I just follow the intruction they give and cook it for an hour. Well, I cant believe that I finally made it perfectly for the first time. Yes! My husband love it, and I told him this is my first experiment in making adobo. So, that time my confidence kicking back again, and I believe that if you stay focus on what you did, you will be able to achieve your goal.

(Here’s my menu that I took from Filipino Recipe. I hope you enjoy it.)

Ingredients :

· 1-1/2 lb. pork, cut into serving pieces
· 3 cloves garlic, crushed
· 1/3 cup vinegar
· 3 tbsp. soy sauce
· 1 bay leaf
· salt to taste
· 1/4 tsp. pepper or 1 tsp. peppercorns
· 1 tbsp. sugar (optional)
· 1/2 cup water
· oil, for frying

(Measurement Guides)

Cooking Procedures :

1. Combine all ingredients in a big pot except the oil and let stand for at least 30 minutes.

2. Place pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.

3. Lower the heat and simmer covered until meat is tender for about an hour (checking occasionally for the water not to get dry, just add a little water each time you see its almost dry up). You may adjust the seasoning according to your taste and liking. Drain and reserve sauce. Set aside.

4. Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry the meat until lightly brown on all sides. Set aside and keep warm.

5. Pour off all remaining oil from the pan. Pour in back the meat and reserve sauce. Mix for about a few minutes while scraping up the bits on the bottom of pan.

6. Remove from heat. Serve hot.


All Favorite Recipe,"ADOBO"

No comments: